Saturday, December 9, 2017

Musical Inspiration Challenge 2! Part 2: Our Contestants.



Ok, let's get this started and see which songs we ended up with..

1.)           The Hook.

Take the Time (2007 Version) By Dream Theater



This is a good song, I like it, but I have to make this a hook for the entire adventure? Yeesh.
Maybe when I unpackage the lyrics I'll find something to use.

2.)    The Antagonist.
Dread and the Fugitive Mind by Megadeth



This one is just too damn easy for a bad guy. I'll need to figure out a spin to put on it.

3.)    The aim of the conflict.
Freaks of Nature by Kansas



Hmm. This is going to be a bit rough, but can still be done..


4.)    Why should the players care?
City of Lagoons by Hawkwind



My 'player motivation' song is an instrumental. Gah!


5.)    The theme of the ‘dungeon.’
Dr. Slumber's Eternity Home by Arjen Lucassen.



Oh. Oh that's dark.

6.)    The complication.
Another Record by Genesis



This one.. Uh, well. This is why its a challenge.

7.)    Encounter 1. 
Wake the White Wolf by Miracle of sound




A song based on the Witcher, I can probably run with this one.

8.)    Encounter 2.
The Oracle by Van Canto



This one can probably work too, but getting it play with the others, hmm..

9.)    Encounter 3. The Final Battle.
Freeze (Part IV of Fear) by Rush



Ok, three relatively active (and non instrumental) encounter songs this time around.

10.) Reward.

California (There Is No End To Love) by U2




No more suicidal pirates! Instead.. More U2. I dunno if that's a positive or negative.

11.) The Gonzo.
Valhalla by Blind Guardian



Definately a bit out there.

12,) The Development
I'm the One by Casey Lee and Jeff Williams.



And a villain song for our development.

Ok, I can probably work with these! No walrus songs, but its going to be tricky trying to figure out player motivations off of a song with no lyrics..

Anyway, brain cells to the fore, prepare to repel boarders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Musical Inspiration Challenge Part 2: Our Contestants

Well, let’s begin this poorly thought out challenge idea for an adventure. I realize I should’ve thought of a way to determine level. Whoo...